Strathmill 1996/2009 'Manager's Choice'
(60.1%, OB, C#5503, 300 Bts.)
|Type||Scotch Single Malts (Disclosed Distilleries)|
|Bottler|| Official Bottling|
|Bottling Name||Manager's Choice|
|Alcohol By Volume||60.1%|
|Serge Valentin||88 |
|Keith Wood||83 |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Light yellow, pale gold
- Nose: Fresh and not very penetrating with some oak, vanilla, even a hint of custard and almost a faint smokiness.
- Palate: Smooth and rich, creamy fruit but it does need some water.
- With 4 drops of water: Much spicier and lots more vanilla.
- With a further 5 drops of water: A little more wood and less vanilla. Very spicy right on the front of the palate.
- With 5 more drops of water: Tingling vanilla sauce on a fruit cocktail.
- Finish: Very long and even longer with water. Also fruity and creamy.
- Overall Impression: A very spicy dram getting more so with the water it really needs. Good, but not a favourite. |