Old Pulteney 'WK499 Isabella Fortuna'
(52%, OB, NAS, travel retail, 18000 Bts., 100cl, 2010)
|Type||Scotch Single Malts (Disclosed Distilleries)|
|Bottler|| Official Bottling|
|Brand Name||Old Pulteney|
|Bottling Name||WK499 Isabella Fortuna|
|Alcohol By Volume||52%|
|Other Details||travel retail|
|Serge Valentin||81 |
|Keith Wood||86 |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: 9ct Gold
- Nose: Initially slightly sweet with vanilla, melon and heather blossom. AFter some minutes an aroma of fine soft Italian leather develops.
- Palate: Begins with vanilla then tingles with slightly peppery green apple and a hint of leather.
- With 4 drops of water: Nose is more intense with lots more flora. The palate tingles with light wood.
- With 4 more drops of water: Some maritime elements of sea air, salt and jetty appear on the nose, whereas the palate is now softer and more gentle with more fruit.
- With 4 more drops of water: Much more maritime nose whilst the palate is filled with heather and light wood.
- Finish: Long, even longer with water.
- Overall Impression: An excellent Old Pulteney with a great character, perhaps even Caithness personnified. |