|Robert Karlsson||Nice raisin-domination, a little bit surupy, some slightly edgier notes under the dried fruits. Lots of wood in here. Perfect baked oranges, mixed in with a lively raspy woody sherry-domination. Oh my, this is good. |
|Krishna Nukala||Typical deeply sherried whisky,cloves and oriental spices,concoction of dried fruits,like dates, prunes, after some time you get Christmas cake and some organics.Excellent sweet and syrupy dried nuts fruit cocktail. Brillient organics on the finish that is everlasting! (MMA 2011 blind tasting) |
|Rich Howard||the nose holds deep and rich red fruits, mint leaves, plenty of grape seed tannins, deep notes of shoe leather, shoe polish, semi-sweet chocolate, damp cedar, candle wax, fresh Cuban tobacco and spiced pipe tobacco. the palate hits with gloriously sweet red fruit punch, tons of leather and tobacco, plenty of cloves, menthol, and a dash of those grape seed tannins. with water, the spicy red fruits diminish just a touch on the nose, giving vanilla, leather and tobacco more room to move, hints of lemon creme now. i could nose this one all day! the palate is just a nice as before, spicy and fruity, with plenty of leather and cigars still in the cedar box. summary: simply gorgeous. a flawless example of a heavily sherried whisky. [tasted blind for the 2011 Awards] |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Mahogany, extremely dark
- Nose: Toasted nuts and dark fruits, in fact almost scorched wood giving a depth of richness. After some minutes there's a hint of sea-air and light rubber reminding me of an old Atlantic jetty or pier, before marinated prunes make a surprising appearance to complete the experience.
- Palate: Big sherried(?) power alongside some amazingly frssh and light wood notes. Not quite perfumed, but certainly very energetic and also including delightfully flavoursome treacle toffee.
- Finish: Extremely long and rich with some light coffee influence.
- Overall Impression: The stuff of dreams. A delightful "Great"!
*** Revisiting this whisky after 3-4 weeks ***
- Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Extremely dark Mahogany, almost black.
- Nose: Toasted wax furniture polish, wood, nuts and something quite magnificently red (berries) in the background. There's also a fine fresh Atlantic breeze bringing lots of sea-air into the nose. Overall a very rich experience.
- Palate: Very energetic, very big, rich, toasted and almost perfumed.
- Finish: Extremely long and lightly toasted with hints of coffee beans.
- Overall Impression: Still a "Great"! |