|Robert Karlsson||Adorably beatiful exotic fruits, high on eucalyptys, a bit floral. Intense. Superb superb. Balanced taste. Perfect clean exotic fruits, lime, citrus, eucalyptus, melon. Really SO down my lane. Juicy. Excellent. |
|Rich Howard||wow, just a deep, dark resinous nose, with stewed fruits, blackcurrant jam, berry reduction, shoe leather, a hint of warm vanilla flowing through. an intense but neither unpleasant nor overbearing wood influence comes through as red grape seeds, a handful of twigs... the palate does not disappoint, with deep, rich fruits, not particularly sweet, and the expected smack of tannins at the end, leaving quite some dry wood on the tongue long after the swallow. water releases and endless wash of berries and jams, white pepper, cocoa, and still those grape seeds and some kindling now, small sticks with the bark left on. summary: very good... just a bit too tart, and a few too many tannins... [tasted blind for the 2011 Awards] |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Bright very dark gold
- Nose: Immediately intense with very floral or lightly perfumed malt. There really are some great notes in this nose, all based around flora, light perfume and even a suggestion of the great outdoors (countryside). This is all eventually completed by butterscotch and light toffee.
- Palate: There's fruity wood concentrated on the middle of the palate as slightly bitter fruits play on the sides. A hint of coconut? Well, there's certainly apple and raspberry crumble with custard.
- Finish: Long, fruity, very lively and energetic
- Overall Impression: Wonderful, an absolute "Great" at any price! |