|Rich Howard||warm notes of apricot, molasses, a jumble of mixed nuts (peanut, pistachio, even hazelnut), nougat and red grapes on the tail. on the palate, the slightly salted nutty notes persist, along with the slightest hints of raspberry yogurt (not too sweet). with water, the nose is lighter now, the molasses is largely gone, but those gentle nutty nose persist, with toffee, cocoa and nougat. on the reduced palate, some tangerine emerges (somewhat unexpected), and still the sweet nougat and nuttiness. quite nice... summary: warm fruits with nougat and nuts. [tasted blind for the 2011 Awards] |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Deep oak / sunny amber
- Nose: Very aromatic, almost perfumed dark fruits and wood. We're talking figs, dates and plums all possibly marinated in a cream sherry, all of which offers a great depth of aromas.
- Palate: A traditional (English) Christmas selection of fruits and nuts, heavy on the nuts (almond, brazil & walnut). Very energetic!
- Finish: Long, very long and rich.
- Overall Impression: Almost one of my "Greats", but just not quite, although it is a truly excellent whisky and one you really must try! |