Longmorn 35yo 1976
(53.4%, Jack Wieber Auld Distillers Collection, Bourbon cask, 172 Bts., 70cl, 2011*)
|Type||Scotch Single Malts (Disclosed Distilleries)|
|Range||Auld Distillers Collection|
|Alcohol By Volume||53.4%|
|Other Details||Bourbon cask|
|Keith Wood||90 |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Rich gold
- Nose: Fruity wood and slightly toasted malt,. The fruitiness reminds me of raspberry, apricot and banana. Maybe even hints of toasted creme caramel? With time in the glass a suggestion of creamy vanilla furniture polish seems to develop.
- Palate: More fruitiness here with hints of vanilla, peach and banana alongside gentle and not overpowering aged oak. Very creamy mouth-feel.
- With 4 drops of water: Both nose and palate are much lighter and weakened, but the palate does have a suggestion of liquorice.
- Finish: Extremely long with creamy vanilla.
- Overall Impression: Magnificent, a "Great" even, but forget the water. |