Dalmore 46yo 1964
(45.1%, OB for Travel Retail / Duty Free, Constellation Collection, 44y US Oak, 2-3y Oloroso sherry butt., C#09/693, 70cl, 2012*)
|Type||Scotch Single Malts (Disclosed Distilleries)|
|Bottler|| Official Bottling|
|Bottled For||Travel Retail / Duty Free|
|Alcohol By Volume||45.1%|
|Other Details||Constellation Collection, 44y US Oak, 2-3y Oloroso sherry butt.|
|Keith Wood||93 |
|Keith Wood||Glass. Copita
- Colour: Rich amber with glowing hints of chocolate
- Nose: Lots of flora with light lavendar and violets, then oil of orange accompanied by exotic spices; cardamom, cumin, and a suggestion of cloves.
- Palate: Slightly dry but filled with blood orange, chocolate, figs, cherries, freshly ground coffee beans and a light spiciness.
- Finish: Very long and floral with an extra helping of chocolate.
- Overall Impression: Just when I thought it couldn't get any better after the '69 I find even more depth and surprises in the '64. Truly magnificent, an undoubted "Great". |