|Robert Karlsson||Excellent sherry wood in quite the concentration, raisin, suryp, leather, cocoa, very nice. Coffee, this is one complex baby. Pretty awesome nose. Huge taste and just as complex as the nose. Really superb stuff. So much fruit! |
|Keith Wood||- Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Extremely dark, treacle toffee.
- Nose: Rich traditional (English) Christmas cake with hints of something almost sweet and very aromatic. A suggestion of aged cognac too.
- Palate: Everything suggested by the nose bursts forth onto the palate accompanied by vanilla and apricot ice cream. Wonderful.
- Finish: Extremely long with a suggestion of creamy cognac.
- Overall impression: Extreme luxury. I adore this whisky. "Great"? By a country mile. |
|Oliver Klimek||Colour: Chestnut -
Nose: Ripe dark berries, sandalwood, hints of cigar tobacoo and leather, some cardamom and burnt sugar. -
Palate: Forest berry compote, orange zest, prunes, strong rancio notes, minimal hints of beef stock, cardamom, nutmeg and allspice. -
Finish: Very long, very fruity and very slightly spicy. -
Overall: The tasting notes just scratch the surface, there are layers upon layers of aromas and flavours in this fantastic old whisky. |