Karuizawa 28yo 1983/2012 'Noh'
(57.2%, OB, sherry butt, C#7576, 571 Bts.)
|Bottler|| Official Bottling|
|Alcohol By Volume||57.2%|
|Other Details||sherry butt|
|Robert Karlsson||89 |
|Konstantin Grigoriadis||90 |
|Krishna Nukala||91 |
|David Wankel||93 |
|Keith Wood||94 |
|Retired Maniac Ratings|
|Ho-cheng Yao||88 |
|Robert Karlsson||Dry special nose here. Coffee beans, high-octane bitter chocolate, old MG seats. Quite intriguing. And quite lovely. Special taste as well, perhaps more on the sourly side than expected from the nose. Quite extreme and very interesting. And, ofcourse, quite enjoyable too. |
|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Dark, treacle toffee
- Nose: Rich dark fruits marinated in sherry. Just a hint of aged oak then expanding with more rich and aromatic influences. It just gets better and better with time.
- Palate: Massively earthy. An almost maritime rich dark fruitiness with accompanying nuttiness. Massive, rich & heavy but very balanced and co-ordinated. Civilised.
- Finish: Long, delightfulyl rich and luxurious.
- Overall impression: This is massive but at the same time very balanced and harmonious. A true "Great" by a country mile or three |