|Keith Wood||Glass: Classic Malt
- Colour: Clear, golden teak
- Nose: I'm straight back into a favourite childhood sweetshop! In fact it's even fitted with old oak panelling. The aromas from this one are filled with lots of sweet fruitiness from the times when things weren't all packed in plastic bags and a pick & mix counter was totally open. I specifically detect lots of flora, oak, even my favourite (Kiwi) leather shoe polish and hints of rich orange (oil) followed by the slightest hint of Colombian coffee beans, all alongside the fruity sweets.
- Palate: Leather, oak and very intense dark fruits with a suggestion of mixed nuts too. This is really quite floral in a very rich way as it gently leads into the finish.
- With 5 drops of water: Can this already aromatic nose have intensified so much more? It certainly seems to have done so! The palate is smoother with even more emphasis on the fruits.
- 5 More drops of water: The nose is now slightly less floral, but it has more wood and even a hint of smoke appears from the background. The palate offers fruit, wood then mixed nuts, in this order of appearance.
- Finish: Very long and intense, even longer with water.
- Overall Impression: Brilliant depth and character, I really love this one! |